Tips for translating into English when speaking
Things to remember to help you find the best translation in English.
– English is English! It is not French, German, Swahili, Chinese, Japanese or any other language. …….
– All languages work differently, sometimes there are small differences and sometimes there are big differences.
– Try to think in English, not in your native language (read a lot and listen a lot to English to make this possible)
– If you can’t find the vocabulary to say something in English, think of another way of saying the same thing in your own language and try again to find the words in English.
– Do not translate word for word (literal translation) 99% of the time it will not be good English.
– Translate the general sense of what you want to say, the exact words are often not so important.