Expressions: think twice, think tank, think aloud
– committee of people experienced in a particular subject, established to develop ideas and give advice related to the subject in hand.
- The government created a Think Tank to propose ways of effectively incorporating new technologies into education at all levels.
- Ken Robinson is the head of the think tank which looks at the way the arts can be made more accessible to young people
– speak your thoughts as they come into your head
- So, is that your opinion? … No, no I was just thinking aloud. I was trying to clear up my ideas. What do you think?
- OK students, I want you to use think aloud strategy to brainstorm this problem.
– think very carefully about something. Don’t just accept the first thing that comes into your head
- Messi didn’t think twice about signing a new contract with Barcelona. “This club has done so much for me and my family, I don’t want to leave”
- You should think twice before buying your child a dog as a Christmas present.
- The number of attacks on tourists has made people think twice before deciding their holiday destination.