What does “USE” mean? useful, useless, out of use, in use, of use, used, use up
- – “Mum! Can I make a cake, please?” “Not now. The oven is in use, I’m making roast beef.”
- – If you are mending your puncture on your bike you will find this tool of use.
- – Use up the milk in the fridge before you open another bottle.
Out of use
no longer used
- – Videos went out of use a few years ago, now everyone uses DVD or Blueray
- – John Smith deals in used-cars he doesn’t sell new ones.
helpful, effective in use
- – A 50 cent coin is always useful to have in your pocket for shopping trolleys or parking meters
of no use
- – This bottle opener is useless, it doesn’t open this bottle
There are also lessons with idioms using LOVE as well as many other lessons and exercises with phrasal verbs and English Idioms One example is Book which is used in a number of well-known English expressions such as closed book and throw the book at someone There are more free lessons with other verbs in the Phrasal Verb Index it includes run and think. If you want, you can practise by doing these exercises Check out other English Language and Grammar lessons and exercises here