Exercise for Past Simple and Past Continuous
Past Simple or Past Continuous?
Congratulations - you have completed Past Simple or Past Continuous?. You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%. Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
Your answers are highlighted below.
The radio was on but nobody ..... .
was listening to it
listened to it
were listening to it
I ..... John in the street last Tuesday but he ...... me. He .... in a shop window.
- saw, - saw, - was looking
with "but" we need to use a negative to show contrast with "saw"
- saw, - didn't see, - was looking
- was seeing, - didn't see, - was looking
- saw, wasn't seeing, - looked
It was a very difficult moment. We ....... what to do
When I ....... at school, I ........ to be a train driver.
- was, was wanting
- have been, - 've wanted
- was, - wanted
- stayed, - wanted
Question 4 Explanation:
"want" is usually a non-continuous verb
How fast ........ when the accident ........ ?
- were you driving, - was happening
- were you driving, - happened
- did you drive, - was happening
- did you drive, - happened
Once you are finished, click the button below. Any items you have not completed will be marked incorrect.
There are 5 questions to complete.